Photography Jobs Des Moines IA
Photojeania, Inc. has openings for the following photography jobs in Des Moines, IA.
Photographic Artist Intern
Position Location: Urbandale, IA
Position Classification: Full-Time, Temporary Employment; Non-Exempt (overtime eligible)
Reports to: Studio Owner
Time Period: May 2019 – December, 2019
Hours: 40 Hours/Week – Flexible Shifts Available
Pay: Hourly rate plus bonus Depending on Experience
Photojeania, Inc. is seeking an up and coming photographic artist with an artistic eye, strong work ethic, and attention to detail for a challenging internship in our creative and growing studios. Our interns gain valuable experience, pay and possibly college credit for their work. All necessary training will be provided.
Candidates must have an excellent artistic eye and sense for color, be attentive to detail, learn quickly, work independently and be able to meet deadlines. Proficiency in Windows is a must and a strong foundation in Adobe Photoshop is desirable.
This is a challenging, full-time internship and tough to balance with full-time school and other significant commitments. Our best interns have historically been college graduates or taking time off from school and able to dedicate themselves to their internship.
Please submit a current resume, links to view portfolio examples, and include your preferred hourly rate with your cover letter (please indicate if there is any flexibility). Do not send digital photographs as attachments (your application will be rejected if you do). Email email@example.com.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Retouch and enhance portraits ordered by our clients
- Prepare photographic products for output
- Order all print products from printer
- Coordinate work with other team members, book designers, photographers and production assistants to ensure all work is completed in adherence to deadlines
- Consistently review your own work to ensure all work is representative of our high standards
- Recognize and recommend solutions to problems with output
- Strong communication skills, and ability to raise questions in a timely fashion, as needed
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong desire and ability to control the quality of your own work
- Proficiency in managing files in Microsoft Windows
- Foundation in Photoshop
- Art, photography or graphic design student or recent college graduate preferred
- Graphic design or other art skills are a plus
- Knowledge of ROES or other print ordering software is desirable
- Professional, residential office work environment
- Sit at desk/computer for long periods of time
- Fast-paced work environment and willingness to work late when workloads require
Please ensure you meet the minimum requirements for this position before submitting your resume for consideration. Do not apply if you cannot commit to working 40 hours a week through December.